Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Tue Oct 25 19:15:11 UTC 2005

Le mardi 25 octobre 2005 à 19:54 +0100, Manuel Moreno a écrit :

> I _strongly_ disagree with that and so seems to be the opinion of
> Ubuntu, Mandriva and Novel/SuSe developpers/users and I'm pretty sure
> that they have fair good thinking heads too. Are we facing perhaps the
> NIH RedHat syndrome or is it a desperate and stubborn USA-centric point
> of view from RH far too afraid from USA barrister greed.

This is not Red Hat decision, this is *Intel's* decision (the team that
maintains ACPI code for *ALL* linux distributions)

Ubuntu, Mandriva and Novel/SuSe are playing a very dangerous game. If
enough distributions follow suit Intel may just decide to let the Linux
community maintain its own ACPI subsystem and I somehow doubt anyone
actually wants to do that.

--
Nicolas Mailhot