How to debug Fedora mono applications?

Émeric Maschino emeric.maschino at jouy.inra.fr
Sun Apr 2 14:24:00 UTC 2006

Paul
> You need the mono-debuginfo and mono-devel packages, the throwback
> should then be visible.
>
> They are with the build-from-source versions.
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul

Even with mono-debuginfo and mono-devel installed, I'm still getting this poor
output when invoking beagle-search from the CLI:

[emeric at zx6000 ~]$ beagle-search
GC Warning: GC_register_stackbottom should be set with GC_stackbottom
Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.

Stacktrace:

Native stacktrace:

        mono(mono_handle_native_sigsegv+0x1ffffffff90008a0) [0x4000000000297e20]
       mono [0x400000000021e8d0]
        [0xa0000000000107e0]
        [0x210010019800]

Is there a particular way to execute a mono application in order to debug it? I
mean, when you debug ELF executables, you don't simply invoke the executable,
you execute it inside gdb. Is there a similar scheme for a mono application?

    Émeric