Elektra's technical suitablity

Shane Stixrud shane at geeklords.org
Mon Apr 3 01:04:05 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006, Joe Desbonnet wrote:

> As far as I can tell Elektra does not support configuration schemas.

If I am not mistaken Elektra currently treats all plain text key values as
strings. I think this is a feature and not a limitation.  Elektra is
friendly towards existing application configuration schemes. If it
enforced key types (Integers, floats, strings etc...) things get a lot more
complicated and it is not clear this is the right place to enforce it.

Perhaps enforcing the input types at a configuration builder
API makes more sense, keeping libelektra free of the added complexity?

Cheers,
Shane