Re: rawhide->fc5; X won't start : Solved

Ray Strode wrote:
Hi,

I'll do that, but shouldn't fc-cache -f ( which I've done) do he same thing?

You'd think, but there might be a bug somewhere.  I'm really just
guessing at this point.  The thing is, for a while in rawhide fontconfig
was really broken and generated broken font cache files.  It seems like
you might be hitting that.

Great guess. You're my vote for Fedora Man of the Year.

Thanks a lot to all who helped me with this.

sean

In any case, I do NOT have a ~/.fonts dir. should I? If so, what do I install to get it, or is it just user fonts.

it's just for user fonts, if you don't have it no big deal.

--Ray