Move Evolution to Extras?

Tue Apr 4 12:58:46 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 13:44 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> Evolution is fairly much broken in FC5, and there's little movement even
> on the 'this mail crashes Evolution' bugs, let alone the "Evolution is
> totally unusable with IMAP" bugs.
>
> What are we going to do about it? One option might be to move it to
> Extras in the hope that someone will actually start to look after it
> there. Or perhaps just drop it entirely? Any better ideas? Volunteers?

What will be a replacement for evolution ? Meaning something with a good
address book, calendar and task management. Firebird, Sunbird aren't
GNOME applications which gives them a different look and feel. Sylpheed
only does mail, and isn't in core but in extra's. so what are the
alternatives ?

Evolution might be technically broken, but it still is one of the more
useful GNOME applications. And yes even though i like evolution, it is a
slow memory hog that hangs a lot (i haven't seen any "this mail crashes
evolution" though).

- Erwin