Move Evolution to Extras?

Tue Apr 4 14:02:50 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 14:34 +0100, Keith Sharp wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 13:44 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:

> I don't think you can move Evolution to FE at the moment because, as
> others have pointed out, there is (are) no readily available
> replacements that have similar functionality
> (email/calendar/tasks/memos/contacts).
>
> This throws up a more interesting question: if Red Hat are not going to
> assign an engineer to maintain Evolution, then how do non-Red Hat people
> get involved in maintaining packages in FC?

A more interesting question is; what are commercial users of RHEL and
Suse supposed to use as email client? AFAIK both have evolution as
default email client (hmmm suse maybe kmail when since they seem kde
focused). So if it is really as broken as it is (extreme memory usage,
random hangs, slow, poor imap support, etc.) shouldn't Redhat and Novell
be fixing those things as quick as they can ? I mean the excuse to not
use Linux was always "no office", i hope not that it will turn into a
"no email client".

- Erwin