Re: Why Elektra is the wrong approach (Was Re: The Strengths and Weakness of Fedora/RHEL OS management)

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, David Zeuthen wrote:

> Hating UNIX and actually working on providing software that solves real
> problems without the user having to be computer literate are two
> completely different things. Yes, I admit to both, but obviously one
> doesn't imply the other.
>
> The condescension from Pete is not OK in my book because NetworkManager
> is still not default. For reasons partly related to kernel drivers,
> partly related to the fact we need a bit more infrastructure to do this
> right.

I think the worry is this: the lack of concern shown for backwards
compatibility, needs of command-line users, etc. to date suggests that
when it does become the default it will be the same sort of half-baked
cock-up as was introduced in FC5 by gnome-mount....

later,
chris