'-Wunused-param' in kernel compiles?

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Wed Apr 5 02:38:47 UTC 2006

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 07:14:20PM -0700, Tom London wrote:
 > The last few kernels appear to be compiled with '-Wunused-param'.  That right?
 >
 > Is this a 'going forward' feature?
 >
 > Appears to break vmware.

it should only break if its being compiled with -Werror, which
is insane, as it's guaranteed to break on newer gcc's.

 > Just want to know if I need work on this, or if it will revert at some
 > future point...

I turned on a few 'give me a few zillion extra warnings' switches
a few days ago, I'm fixing a bunch of stuff up from time to time,
it'll be turned off eventually.

		Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk