Fedora with laptops/networking/docking stations etc

Andy Burns fedora at adslpipe.co.uk
Thu Apr 6 12:22:12 UTC 2006

Peter Robinson wrote:

> Similarly what's the status of docking stations support? With my Dell
> Latitude when ever I undock then redock the wired network interface
> (tg3) doesn't work and it takes a reboot to fix.

I have a Latitude D800, which gets used in various configutations
depending where I vsisit

1) undocked with just internal LCD
2) docked to d/port with just external DVI LCD
3) docked to ad/dock with internal LCD and external VGA LCD

My X config is for 1280x800 which is the internal LCD, when I dock I get
centered or stretched displays on the external monitor(s) it would be
nice to switch to different display/head configurations, does hotplug
"notice" docking events?