FC5 Sound with snd-hda-intel not working. (alsa problem?)

Andy Burns fedora at adslpipe.co.uk
Wed Apr 12 08:04:16 UTC 2006

Stephen J. Smoogen wrote:

> Are there any special settings that need to be set? I have checked
> that the audio isnt muted..

once or twice (during rawhide before FC5) it seemed to pick the wrong
device to control in the gnome mixer app, I went into "Open Volume
Control" and "Preferences" and enabled every input/output/option in
sight, this didn't happen with my FC5 release install.

I'm currently just using a bog standard stero set of speakers,
under Preferences the device I have set to track/control is "HDA Intel
(ALSA mixer)" on the "Front" outputs, rather than "PCM"