Move Evolution to Extras?

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Wed Apr 12 17:37:15 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 10:32 -0600, Lamont R. Peterson wrote:
> And you don't have to.  You can run KMail and/or Kontact on GNOME
> without installing the whole environment.  You only need a couple of
> libs.

You are missing the point. Starting any KDE app loads a lot of sh*t
in memory that need not be there. If I'm using only apps from one
environment, they share the same infrastructure (including libs loaded
in memory). It would be insane to go to a default where *both*
KDE and GNOME need to be loaded in order to do anything useful in GNOME.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.