Caring about users

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Wed Apr 12 17:40:43 UTC 2006

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 12:42:55PM -0400, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> Heh. If most fedora-devel list members actually thought "only the
> desktop user was interesting", the thread about co-opting proprietary
> codecs would have gone rather differently.
>
> I conclude that most of this list doesn't think *any* class of users is
> interesting.

No Eric. We think that *you* aren't interesting - the classes of users we
care about are those wanting to develop, use and play with a cutting edge
open source distribution not those wanting proprietary codecs.

Now Eric please don't try to muddle an important discussion about
whether "Everything" should come back with your personal proprietary software
agenda. The value and semantics of an "everything" install, is interesting.

Alan