Move Evolution to Extras?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Apr 12 17:46:10 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 11:22 -0600, Lamont R. Peterson wrote:
> > And why is evolution unmaintained? I mean it seems to be important
> > enough that expensive commercial Linux distributions like RHEL use it as
> > a default email client.
>
> I'm wondering the same thing.  I see some indications that there is still an
> active (though the pulse is weak?) upstream.  What happened to those
> Evolution authors/developers/maintainers?

Evolution is unmaintained within Red Hat because we haven't managed to
fill the open position for a maintainer.

Upstream, there _is_ active development; it's just that it doesn't
always seem to be _improvement_. There's been a change of guard
recently, but that's not a bad thing. The new guys seem a _lot_ saner.

--
dwmw2