Re: Fedora Bounties (seeking ideas)

Patrick W. Barnes wrote:
Now, Google has just announced the Summer of Code 2006. Although the Fedora Project has not yet applied to participate this year, I suspect we are likely to do so. However, our Fedora Bounties list is now quite short. We need fresh ideas. If there are any projects that you would like to see, please add them to the FedoraBounties page. These can include ideas that you may have had but don't have time to work on, problems that you have encountered that need attention, or tools you really wish we had.

idea: YUM Fedora internal update server ('reposerver')

How about a project for tools/utilities to create, maintain fedora/custom yum repositories behind the corporate firewall.

 - local mirror for fedora repositories (core, extras etc.)
 - Custom repos
- Ability to merge repos to create custom, tested 'releases' (read: http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/lpt/a/5625)

Regards,

Joost Soeterbroek