FC5 kernel updates

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Tue Apr 18 03:57:08 UTC 2006

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 10:28:37AM +1000, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
 > While we're discussing kernel upgrades, any likely hood of seeing 2.17.x
 > based kernels for FC5 at some time in the future?
 >
 > Or, how well should rawhide 2.17.x kernels work with FC5?
 >
 > I'm keen to get my SD card reader working and this is in the 2.17.x
 > series.

I do intend on doing .17rc kernels for FC4/FC5 soon(ish), I've just been
real busy with travelling (power management summit) and some real-life stuff
lately.  There are also some logistical hurdles that need overcoming,
such as people.redhat.com not being the best place for me to distribute
experimental kernels (Because there are so many of them)

Hopefully stuff will settle down again soon, and I can make some progress
on sorting this out.

		Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk