Fedora Bounties (seeking ideas)

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Thu Apr 20 13:54:33 UTC 2006

Hi all,

What I would like to see is a tool which automaticly generates
/etc/sensors.conf based on motherboard information from dmidecode.

The idea is to identify a motherboard with dmidecode output and then
look it up in a database to find the correct config.

So besides the tool doing the autoconfig, we also need a tool
(webbased?) to build such a databse. This system would be best not be
Fedora specific, I know upstream wants a web based database with known
to work sensors.conf for different motherboards. Now if this webbbased
system could generate a database file for use by a autoconfig tool that
would be great.

I've been thinking about a system like this for a while now but
unfortunatly I don't have the time to implement. I'm however willing and
able to coach someone doing the work during the summer.

Regards,

Hans