AIGLX packages for FC5 (and rawhide)

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Thu Apr 20 15:20:33 UTC 2006

Adam Jackson wrote :

> > I tried this just for fun on my ATI r300 and was surprised that it
> > almost worked. I get what looks like an alpha channel (blue screen with
> > shadows on it). True to the notes I can turn compositing off and
> > everything is back to normal.
>
> I see this too on an X800, but I think it was only on amd64 kit.  I'm
> looking into it.  The weird thing is pretty much everything else about
> accelerated indirect works (q3 over the network, etc), just not the
> texture_from_pixmap extension, so it should be pretty straightforward to
> track down.

I'd love to test this too, but it would be with an RV350 (Mobility Radeon
9600 M10)... what are my chances to have accelerated 3D working if I switch to rawhide? Just curious to know if it's even worth thinking about trying or not.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) - Linux kernel 2.6.16-1.2080_FC5
Load : 0.87 1.02 0.73