AIGLX questions -- the x86_64 bit question

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Tue Apr 25 22:36:27 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 09:48 -0700, alan wrote:
> Have the x86_64 problems been resolved?  The AIGLX wiki has not been
> updated since FC5t3.
>
> Also, what is the status of the NVIDIA drivers?  (I find it weird that XGL
> has NVIDIA working but not ATI and AIGLX has ATI working, but not NVIDIA.)

XGL and AIGLX work in very different ways.  XGL worked inside the
existing X framework to achieve it's ends, while AIGLX required some
changes to X.  NVIDIA is happy to support the changes that AIGLX
requires, but won't be getting to it until they release the next version
of their driver.

I'm as bummed as you are ;-]

R.
 It's much better on my side"