Q. about debugging/troubleshooting Thunderbird

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Sat Apr 29 16:29:32 UTC 2006

I was trying to build an image of Thunderbird from the FC3 SRPM's, and
tweaked the .spec and sources to include a patch someone sent me and to
replace the --disable-debug in the config file with --enable-debug instead.

Unfortunately, when I run the build image, there's no sign at all of where
the output is going.

What am I missing?

If I kick off the process from the command line, and then do a "ps",
I see a couple of wrapper processes hanging around, and then the binary
itself as the youngest child process...  Doing an "lsof" on that process
shows various .so's open, .jars, .msf's... sockets, etc... And yes, even the
controlling terminal.  But the printf's don't seem to be going anywhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Philip