Fedora's Userfiendliness (was Re: Leaving?)

Chris Chabot chabotc at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 2 21:18:56 UTC 2006

Deji Akingunola wrote:
> I've never use Ubuntu, so I don't know how it feels/looks/works, but
> apart from closed/proprietary drivers, patented audio/video codecs and
> such, in what ways is Ubuntu more user friendly than Fedora? I believe
> outlining such areas would be useful for Fedora developers and
> contributors to know.

I'm actually considering writing such a mail quite soon, non FLOSS is
not what makes Ubuntu 'nice' to end users, its the spit and polish,
enabled by default NetworkManager, better icons and themes, consistent
colors, application intergration, and a few more things..

Thanks for the sugestion!

    -- Chris