Prevent packages from switching from repo to repo

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 01:44:45 UTC 2006

On 8/6/06, Benjy Grogan <benjy.grogan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Seems like that's almost always unwanted behaviour.
Depends on your personal preferences.  I doubt we could agree that
'most' people would prefer the audacity package from Extras over the
audacity package from livna which includes the mp3 support for
example.

> Is there
> a way of avoiding these situations with yum, and then in turn possibly
> with Pup?

Clever users can craft yum repository configuration files with
explicit  exclude and includepkgs lines which narrowly target such
situations as their personal situation demands.  But then again a
detail discussion of such situational configuration is best hashed
over in a non development list.

-jef"dark cholocate m&m's are back!!!!!!!!!"spaleta