Multilib in FC7? Disable by default?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Aug 21 13:44:46 UTC 2006

On Monday 21 August 2006 09:39, seth vidal wrote:
> why doesn't %post yum remove *.i?86 count?
>
> Why does EVERYTHING have to be accessible from within the installer? If
> a user wants to do something outside of the norm (and not install
> multilib packages, imo, is outside of the norm) then they should be able
> to login once and run one command.

Because if I'm installing from remote sources, or if I'm at a datacenter, I
really don't want to download 2x as many packages, install 2x as many
packages, go through 2x as many scriptlets, just to remove 1/2 of them at the
end of it all.  Seems pretty silly to me.  Are we going to get to the point
where Anaconda just drops enough bits on the filesystem to reboot, launch
pirut and continue the install from there?

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora