SSHd

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Mon Aug 21 17:09:58 UTC 2006

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 01:01:45PM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > Kick yourself for using VNC? :)
> > Is there some way to access the shell in a VNC install before rebooting?
> > Or do you only get the one console?
> You only get the GUI. (Well, there's telnet mode, but as long as you're
> talking about insecure things...)

I guess I have no immediate solution for this case, then. However, I'd
rather try to develop some solution than let this be a sticking point
holding back everyone else.

One thing an advanced user in this situation could do is configure a yum
repository with a package containing the /root/.ssh/authorized_keys file.

But really, it seems like the "can't get to a shell during/after an install"
can leave you stuck in a number of cases, not just this one....