SSHd

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Mon Aug 21 17:39:44 UTC 2006

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 01:14:40PM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> It's just that realistically, changing this would essentially mean
> "any headless machine will not be able to be logged into without kickstart
> machinations". I don't think that's an improvement.

Hmmm. I guess I *do* think it's an improvement. :)

For what it's worth, I've been changing this for years (5 years now) at BU,
and a lot of my users are doing various different headless installs, and no
one has ever complained to me.

Obviously I've got only a tiny microcosm of users compared to all of Fedora,
but my general sense is that anyone doing headless installs is probably
competent to deal with this somehow.

I'll continue to see if I can come up with a brilliant idea for making it
easier, though. :)