moving .so, headers and .a libs to -devel bugreports

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Tue Aug 22 20:51:45 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have opened many bugs asking for creation of -devel packages for some
packages that don't have one but ship static library, headers or .so links.

I have filled some others to have the .so links go in -devel subpackages and
not main package.

I only looked at packages that are on my computer, so I am likely to
have missed some, feel free to post bugs too ;)

I tried to avoid asking creation of -devel package or move of .so when
it didn't make sense, but I may have filled bogus bug reports anyway
(especially when a .so is required in main package as the library is
dlopened, and the library is versioned! it may happen although it is
ugly).

I can give the list of bugreports if somebody is interested.

I didn't do a bugreport for gjdoc, since a .so may be needed for java.

--
Pat