[DEP-BLOAT] My favourite one...

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 07:54:11 UTC 2006

On 8/23/06, Rahul <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Gianluca Sforna wrote:
>

> > I really hope the Core/Extras split goes away ASAP, so we can try to
> > fix things like this
> >

> What split are you talking about and how does that side step cervisia's
> dependency on KDE?

Sorry for not being clear on this.
I understand that a medium term goal for Fedora is to remove the
distinction between Core and Extras, so that all packages are treated
in the same way (e.g. maintained with the help of the community).
This would eventually improve the overall quality of them, allowing
things that the current maintaners are not going to do (usually for
lack of time).
One of this things could be a finer packaging, splitting stuff where
possible to achieve a speedier download/install/update _and_ resolve
issues like the present