CPU Frequency Scaling

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 20:35:50 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 15:19 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 21:10 +0100, Miloslav Trmac wrote:
> > If the system administrators have the choice between
> > 1) writing a shell script that echo(1)s settings to files in sysfs,
> > 2) writing a shell script that writes them to gconf (which is more
> > complicated and not as easy to test as cat()ing sysfs files), running
> > g-p-m and gconfd,
>
> The proposal was that g-p-m would ship with a set of commands that would
> do the heavy lifting, e.g.
>
>  # gpm-set-cpuscaling ondemand

Is that a temporary setting, or does it stick over restarts?  Can a user
that logs in override it? What is that command? Before I say anything
about it I would love to see what is planned.  Are there any use cases
posted to a wiki somewhere?  I think we could have a much more
productive conversation about where Fedora is going if we all had a
little more information.  We are a community driven distribution right?

Jon