Maintainance of hwdata

Arjan van de Ven arjan at fenrus.demon.nl
Tue Dec 5 10:52:59 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 11:24 +0100, Karsten Hopp wrote:
> Till Maas schrieb:
> > Hiyas,
> >
> > new bugs about hwdata are assigned to Karsten Hopp in bugzilla, but according
> > to the changelog of hwdata he never made any change to it, ever. So is this
> > normal for fedora core packages? Or is there maybe some false information
> > about the maintainer of hwdata in Bugzilla because the open bugs seem to get
> > not much attention.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Till
> >

> No, the bugzilla information is correct. I just recently got this package from
> Phil, that's why you won't find any changelogs from me yet.

one thing that would be nice is if the cpu microcode data would actually
move from microcode_ctl to hwdata; the program almost never gets updated
but the microcode file gets updated every few months
(and soon the userspace isn't even needed anymore once Intel starts
publishing it in the new format that 2.6.19 understands natively via
firmware loader interface and the userspace app can go away)