Xen under vmware

Ralf Ertzinger fedora at camperquake.de
Tue Dec 5 13:24:26 UTC 2006

Hi.

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 13:08:42 -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> I would expect so. I don't think they it is on purpose, but they are
> pretty much orthoganal in what they expect the kernel does for
> networking and such.

I am not sure how a Xen-enabled kernel in a vmware guest cares what
the kernel on the vmware host does with it's network, but somewhere
packets get dropped.

The "naked" xen kernel in the guest (without xend started) can network
just fine. With xend started (network-bridge) I see ARP requests leaving
the guest, arriving on the host and ARP replies leaving the host.
But those never make it to the guest.

Strange world.

Well, I'll have to conduct my xen testing somewhere else, it seems.