LVM not fit for Fedora Core

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Sat Dec 23 10:26:04 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-22 at 08:57 -0800, John Reiser wrote:
> > I call BS.  I test the rescueCD quite a lot during development process, and it
> > _always_ find the LVM and sets it up automatically.
>
> Didn't work for me in March 2006 on x86_64 using a then-reasonbly-current
> rescue CD (probably a couple months old).

Even when it doesn't:

lvm vgchange -a y

And all your VGs should appear.

Now if only enabling !@#$ RAID were as easy.

Also, renaming a VG is a total bitch if you're booting from it. The name
seems to get hardwired into the inird. And... changing that is such an
arcane ritual I'm not going to go into it.

... Unless I've missed something. Naming your VGs after the hostname
maybe isn't such a great idea.