LVM not fit for Fedora Core

Lamont Peterson lamont at gurulabs.com
Mon Dec 25 05:29:56 UTC 2006

On Friday 22 December 2006 03:52pm, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-12-22 at 09:32 -0800, John Reiser wrote:
[snip]
> -grub- doesn't support LVM.
> (Same goes for xfs, reiserfs and at least 95 other file systems)

On FC5 (this notebook):

# ls /boot/grub/
default         fat_stage1_5      jfs_stage1_5    reiserfs_stage1_5
stage2.old
device.map      ffs_stage1_5      menu.lst        splash.xpm.gz
ufs2_stage1_5
device.map.old  grub.conf         menu.lst.old    stage1
vstafs_stage1_5
e2fs_stage1_5   iso9660_stage1_5  minix_stage1_5  stage2
xfs_stage1_5

I see xfs and reiserfs there.  IIRC, both have been present in GRUB at least
as far back as RHL8.0, though xfs might not have appeared until FC2 (I don't
remember for sure, but I think it was there earlier).

[snip]
--
Lamont Peterson <lamont at gurulabs.com>
Senior Instructor

NOTE:  All messages from this email address should be digitally signed with my
       0xDC0DD409 GPG key. It is available on the pgp.mit.edu keyserver as
       well as other keyservers that sync with MIT's.