Does Core have an accurate count of packages which are built against libraries from firefox?

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Wed Dec 27 04:08:34 UTC 2006

"Gianluca Sforna" <giallu at gmail.com> writes:
> On 12/26/06, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
>> We've had a lovely little chat in #fedora-extras with the
>> firefox maintainer, and he's absolutely right there needs to be a
>> toolized way for each maintainer with a package who builds against
>> firefox to set a sort of watch in the build or update system against
>> firefox looking for new builds.

> Actually, I think such a tool would be useful also for others:

+1 --- although I suspect Jeff meant that already, ie, he was just
using firefox as an example of a package with many dependent packages.
I'd like to see an automatic notification mechanism that "package FOO
that your package BAR Requires: or BuildRequires: was just updated".

To make life interesting: sometimes a package rebuild is for trivial
reasons.  If there were such a notification mechanism, then ideally the
owner of the package-having-dependencies should be able to mark a
particular rebuild as "all hands on deck!" or "take a look but probably
no problemo" or "fear not, nothing interesting here".

			regards, tom lane