Question about Fedora Extras 5

n0dalus n0dalus+redhat at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 11:37:40 UTC 2006

On 2/2/06, Matthias Saou wrote:

> In this particular case, just look at the current Extras as Rawhide, and
> an eventual frozen set of packages as a Fedora Core release. Would seem
> pretty trivial to me to freeze a set of Extras packages, test release it
> as CD/DVD a few times, fixing all the major bugs and dependency problems
> found (in both Extras and this frozen set), then releasing a final media.
> The ongoing parallel life of Extras continues the whole time, might even
> benefit from the extra testing, and people with no or slow Internet
> connections can then have an easier way of installing Extras packages at
> one point.

I know lots of people that have 28/56k internet connections that I
want to give Fedora to, but it's a lot of effort for them to wait for
hundreds of MB of updates. Would it be possible to provide
updates-released CDs as well, even as part of an automated process? A
bonus would be to have a way to install these updates on an already
installed system.

n0dalus.