Question about Fedora Extras 5

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Feb 2 11:48:51 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Well, I don't see an Extras "release" as a requirement, as I don't
>> "release" freshrpms.net either. Just clearly document a set of packages,
>> create the the meta stuff you needs (.xml, scripts), and you can create a
>> very useful snapshot at any given time.
>>

> So is this process documented?  Can it be automated so a Extras ISO
> image is created every few weeks or so for example?. During the Fedora
> development process many of the packages in Extras seem to remain broken
> for a longer time than the ones in core which led to the impression for
> me that a release would be required to ensure that the packages work as
> expected.

If there is a need to throw some time + resources behind this effort as
an initial proof-of-concept, I am happy to do that ( I could knock
something together fairly rapidly ).

Maybe I can co-ordinate with Kevin Fenzi, and extend his ongoing efforts
( ref:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2006-February/msg00044.html
)

Also, should this conversation, at some point, move [1] to the Extras list ?

- KB

[1] Or atleast be echo'd on the Extras list