Xorg 6.9 Update for FC4?

Joachim Frieben jfrieben at freesurf.fr
Sat Feb 4 12:51:39 UTC 2006

A couple of persons have built Xorg 6.9 RPMs for FC4 based upon M. Harris'
test packages for Xorg 6.8.99.14. Check the "fedora-devel" and/or the "Xorg"
mailing lists. Xorg 6.9 works nicely on FC4. I definitely recommend the
upgrade for suitable hardware. For my Savage based IBM ThinkPad T23, this
was the only way to obtain 3D acceleration. For my ATI 7200 (R100) equipped
desktop PC however, even current rawhide (modular Xorg 7.0.0) has not been
able to resolve the long standing X lock issues when DRI is enabled!