Xorg 6.9 Update for FC4?

Mike A. Harris mharris at mharris.ca
Mon Feb 6 03:43:37 UTC 2006

Joachim Frieben wrote:
> No need to bother Mike: as I pointed out in my previuos comment, Xorg 6.9
> packages for FC4 have already been created by various guys. The S/RPMS are
> freely available on the net. For instance, check:
>
>   http://washington.kelkoo.net/epia/FC4
>
> They were particularly built having the S3 Unichrome chip in mind but of
> course they will also work on other hardware.

Yeah, I know there are 3rd party rpm packages.  I mentioned that in
a previous email. ;o)  I also mentioned that the 3rd party RPMs of
6.9 that I saw before, were not just 6.9, but 6.9 plus random extra
stuff patched in.  Things that would not be present in Red Hat
packages.  As stated previously, I suggested that people could
use those if desired.

Having said that, I haven't looked at the rpms at the above URL,
so they could be quite different from the ones I had previously
looked at.  As always, caveat emptor.

If I do create a set of 6.9 rpms, they'll be done in standard
Red Hat fashion.  No experimental doodads, etc. ;)

--
Mike A. Harris  *  Open Source Advocate  *  http://mharris.ca
                       Proud Canadian.