Xorg 6.9 Update for FC4?

Schlaegel 777tahder at schlaegel.com
Mon Feb 6 04:32:50 UTC 2006

On 2/5/06, Joachim Frieben <jfrieben at freesurf.fr> wrote:
> No need to bother Mike: as I pointed out in my previuos comment, Xorg 6.9
> packages for FC4 have already been created by various guys. The S/RPMS are
> freely available on the net. For instance, check:
>   http://washington.kelkoo.net/epia/FC4

I tried to install those packages today via yum, but it seems that their
xorg-x11-Xnest and xorg-x11-devel packages need xorg-x11 and xorg-x11-libs
packages with a version at or higher than 6.9.0-1, while the site only
offers 6.9.0. Perhaps the site is in the middle of an update.

My yum error:
> xorg-x11-6.9-0.FC4.ucr.5. 100% |=========================| 173 kB    00:24
> ---> Package xorg-x11.i386 0:6.9-0.FC4.ucr.5 set to be updated
[snip]
> Error: Missing Dependency: xorg-x11 = 6.9.0-1 is needed by package xorg-x11-Xnest
> Error: Missing Dependency: xorg-x11-libs = 6.9.0-1 is needed by package xorg-x11-devel

So for me, I would still love the expertise of Mike involved with even
an informal package.