Fedora Core 5 Test 3 Slip

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Feb 6 17:12:51 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 09:03 -0800, Steve G wrote:

> Out of curiosity, when the rebuild occurs...does the script use an alphabetical
> listing of the packages from a to z. Or does the script try to build the packages
> in a somewhat ordered fashion from no dependencies (attr, zlib, bzip, etc) to
> more complicated packages that have many dependencies (mkinitrd, pam, slang,
> etc.)

Mostly just an a to z thing.  The way our current build system works,
every package is installed into the build root, so at this point we're
pretty assured that all build reqs will be met.  This is not optimal for
many reasons, and a replacement build system is being developed that
fixes this.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora