Fedora Core 5 Test 3 Slip

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Wed Feb 8 09:48:22 UTC 2006

D Canfield wrote :

> Resume now works on my T43 after I comment out the DRI  option in
> xorg.conf.  I have an ATI chipset.
>
> Only other  resume problem is that NetworkManager doesn't know that I
> have any network interfaces after a resume.  I can restart the network
> (through init.d), but NM still doesn't see any interfaces.

The NIC module you use maybe doesn't support resume. I know that my Dell
X1 laptop has that problem with it's NIC as it uses the tg3 module, and
does work when the kernel is patched (a patch found on lkml, maybe in
recent 2.6 now, dunno)... luckily ipw2200 and bluetooth work perfectly.

In all cases, "dmesg" should give you an idea about what's going wrong
with your NIC after resume, and it might be worth bugzilla'ing it.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) - Linux kernel 2.6.15-1.1830_FC4
Load : 0.31 0.37 0.38