Testing Xen. Some quick questions.

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 13:41:59 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 12:15 +0900, Naoki wrote:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstart &
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstartFC5
>
> I'm just running through these instructions as a reference for my Xen3
> tests on rawhide and all is going pretty well.
>
> I have a test domain (but can't alter the number of VCPUs for some
> reason but that's another story) and I'm wondering. Rather than the
> pretty ugly system of either :
>
> Make an image file.
> Mount.
> yum --installroot=blah groupinstall x y z
> Configure.
>
> Or the much better system of /usr/sbin/xenguest-install.py,
>
> Is there a simple way to fake a netboot so I can use my existing
> kickstart scripts and build OS instances the same way I would with
> normal physical hardware?
> It would be nice to have my hypervisor instance running dhcp + apache
> and do localhost kickstart network installs.

(I know this has been asked times and times before.)

but... What's the current status of Xen/x86_64?
Second, considering the fact that rawhide/x86_64 still doesn't have
kernel-xen and the pending release of test3, what are the chances of
Xen/x86_64 making it's way into FC5?
Any chance it'll make it into test3? (I assume that past test3, only bug
fixes will be introduced until FC5-release)

Gilboa