OLPC 'upstream'

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Feb 8 19:48:49 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 19:44 +0000, Andy Green wrote:
> David Zeuthen wrote:
> > On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 17:24 +0000, Andy Green wrote:
> >
> >>Does this laptop really need a full bash?
> >
> > Does this laptop really need a shell?
>
> Is it having initscripts?

Not necessarily ones that require a shell to execute.  The target users
have nearly no use for a shell (or if they need one, we haven't done our
job).  Fedora's initscripts are a stinking pile of crap right now
anyway.  There's some room to rethink the init process for these things,
and maybe that means ditching the dependency on a shell _during the init
process_.

Dan