OpenLDAP config update from RPM

Sat Feb 18 00:16:28 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 09:43 -0500, David Hollis wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 23:46 +0100, Erwin Rol wrote:
>
> Being an Open-Xchange user, I would suggest the following:
>
> Install the open-xchange.schema file in /etc/openldap/schemas
> Install the access-rights file in /etc/openldap as
> open-xchange-rights.conf or something to that effect.  Don't actually
> edit the /etc/openldap/slapd.conf file itself, that should be left to
> the admin.  The access rights bits can be included by the admin with a
> simple "include open-xchange-access.conf" statement.

That is what i did now, because i saw some other RPM's that used "patch"
to change system config files like postgres, openldap and httpd/tomcat
setups, but that some how looks just to dangerous to me.

And if you as a user also think that the final configuration step is an
admin job , i will just leave it as I have it now.

Thanks for the feedback,

Erwin