Yum and SRPMs

William Lovaton walovaton at yahoo.com.mx
Sat Feb 18 15:03:11 UTC 2006

Hi,

El jue, 16-02-2006 a las 13:52 -0800, Jesse Keating escribió:
> I made a small mistake.  The unified SRPMS and srpm repodata will be
> useful for yumdownloader, not yum itself.  Yum does not and will not
> have the ability to grab srpms.

yumdownloader? I hope it is what I am thinking.

You'll see, my home computer is connected to the Internet through a
modem and most of the time making updates is prohibited because more
often that not they are very large, so I religiously copy the packages
names that needs an update, I take them to my office and wget them from
a very fast connection one by one into my usb memory and finally back to
my home and copy the packages in the yum cache.

Is there a way to make the downloading part of this automatic? something
like yum generating all the wget commands so I can use them on a very
fast connection easily instead of one by one.

I like to use the following command:
whet -cb http://server/package.rpm

BTW, I am using FC4 at home and FC3 at work.

Thanks in advance,

-William