Please disable the SELinux execstack/relro checks before FC5 final

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Mon Feb 20 03:11:15 UTC 2006

>> - I get denials attempting to execute /dev/zero, exectstack, and execmem
>> for glxgears with the Nvidia driver.
>>

> Do you have the DSO marked with textrel_shlib_t?  That'll always be
> necessary.  Look at the driver:

Yes, both my Mesa libGL and the nvidia one are marked textrel_shlib_t.
Marking things textrel_shlib_t has no effect on execstack/execmem - it
only suppresses execmod denials.

Actually I seem to get a different error than the other posters in
enforcing mode:
glxgears: error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1: failed to
map segment from shared object: Permission denied

This is strict policy btw, it's rather broken...

>>> [jim at cornette-lt ~]$ locate libGL.so.1
>>> /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
>>> /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2
>>>
>> Doesn't this indicate the Mesa libGL library, and not the Nvidia or ATI
>> one?
>>

> That completely depends on how things are installed on your machine.

The version numbering indicate likely Mesa libGL.
The poster mentioned oss drivers, and radeon card.
I find it highly unlikely you are talking about the same thing.