Questioning Pirut

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Feb 20 19:25:34 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-19 at 16:20 +0100, Igor wrote:
> But there is a thing I don't like with Pirut. Pirut will always look on
> the internet first, instead of looking into the CD/DVD media. That's a
> feature which dial-up users won't like very much. The
> system-config-packages tool worked only with CD/DVD media, which is much
> better approach for dial-up users.

We've been working on moving the support needed for CD media into yum
itself[1] so that all tools sitting on top of yum can use it.  Once
we're in good shape there, pirut will be able to take advantage of it.

Jeremy

[1] We have all of the code in anaconda -- at this point, it's a matter
of making sure that it's suitably generic and pushing it downwards.