Proposing a switch to Tango

Brian Pepple bdpepple at ameritech.net
Wed Feb 22 18:15:31 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 18:51 +0100, David Nielsen wrote:
> I specifically suggested this be done for the FC6 cycle.
>
> Upstream is not looking to adopt Tango out of the fear that without
> vendor support, it will look like a GNOME only project and thus scare
> off the KDE crowd. Or so it seems. Thus vendor buy in is very important,
> I for one, would love to welcome my new Tango overlords to Fedora since
> I find their style very pleasing and I agree with the aims out getting a
> unified icon standard.
>
> It sounds like The tango developers and artists are very keen on
> cooperating with us to make this happen.

I agree with Ray that we should wait for GNOME to adopt it.  Tango is
relatively new, and most GNOME apps don't have icons that have been
tangoized.  Due to the different color palettes (which I have to admit
that I hate) used, they stick out horribly and don't provide a very
unified look.  If there is a demand for Tango, maybe it should be
submitted to FE.

/B
--
Brian Pepple <bdpepple at ameritech.net>

BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B  CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E