Results for install and remove tests for FC-Devel

Phil Knirsch pknirsch at redhat.com
Thu Feb 23 12:21:29 UTC 2006

Rex Dieter wrote:
> Phil Knirsch wrote:
>>  there are actually quite a few packages that can break if
>> coreutils isn't installed prior to them, so this is really a missing
>> PreReq dependency.
>
> Or more precisely, they're missing at least one of
> Requires(post): coreutils
> Requiers(pre): coreutils
>
> PreReq implies also that coreutils is required after-install/at-runtime,
> which may or may not be true.

Yes, exactly. PreReq itself is the socalled legacy prerequires, which
basically covers everything and oversimplified states that the mentioned
requirement needs to be met before anything concerning the package can
be done.

Read ya, Phil

--
Philipp Knirsch      | Tel.:  +49-711-96437-470
Development          | Fax.:  +49-711-96437-111