eclipse

Michael Favia michael.favia at insitesinc.com
Thu Feb 23 17:52:48 UTC 2006

Erwin Rol wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I tried to use eclipse for a C++ project but after liek 10 crashes in
> the last 30 minutes i kind of gave up.
>
> My question; is there anybody out there that actually uses eclipse ? And
> with uses i mean like working with it 8 hours a day without a crash ever
> 5 minutes.
I tried using andrews eclipse packages at first because dont like the
idea of a noncentrally managed update stack. But the original packaging
problems with installing only the eclipse platform (eg non SDK), user
based extension directories, and the trouble with the speed and
functionality of those installed extensions left a little to be desired.

As a result i have been running eclipse
platform+CDT+phpeclipse+subclipse ontop of a Sun Java stack (for speed
alone) for the last few months. I havent toyed around with the updates
andrews made in the past few months. i seem to remember seeing
changelogs in the rawhide update messages that resolved most of my
issues. Will install this afternoon and report back with troubles if
any. -mf
Michael Favia          michael.favia at insitesinc.com
Insites Incorporated  http://michael.insitesinc.com