rawhide report: 20060226 changes

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Sun Feb 26 13:10:50 UTC 2006

Build System wrote:

> mesa-6.4.2-5
> ------------
> * Sat Feb 25 2006 Mike A. Harris <mharris at redhat.com> 6.4.2-5
> - Disable the expeimental r300 DRI driver, as it has turned out to cause
>   instability and system hangs for many users.

2 questions:
1) disable as in not enable by default / need manual config edit to
enable, or disable as in needs recompile to enable?
2) if disable as in needs recompile, does it cause problems even when
turned of by default. If not then why the disable? In my box the r300
drivers is one of the major features of the new X (if and only if it
works, agreed there)

Regards,

Hans