Re: edit root alias when installing the OS

On 1/1/06, Florin Andrei <florin andrei myip org> wrote:
Wouldn't make sense to edit /etc/aliases while installing the OS and ask
the operator to provide a real email as an alias?
It is a very common error to forget the root alias. As a result, the
email sent by housekeeping software (such as logwatch) is ignored, often
with unpleasant results.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2006-January/thread.html#00045

This may or may not require to edit the relayhost variable in the MTA
(ask the operator to provide a default mail relay), I'm not sure
(depending on how "correct" or thorough the installer should be).

Anyway, food for thought and discussion.

I think that is a very good idea. I must admit forgetting this myself. Culd this be put in to Anaconda, or at the least could the First Run app use the emnail given for the defailt (uid=500) user?